Everything, Nothing ...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Atlas of Skeletal Muscles

http://www.ebooksclub.org/?module=showBook&id=31871

ISBN: 0072350806 | Title: Atlas of Skeletal Muscles | Author: Robert J. Stone Judith A. Stone Robert Stone Judith Stone | Publisher: McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0072350806.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Rating: 4
I'm currently a student, and when my professor showed me this book I was hooked. It's great for it's simplicity. I can pay 10 bucks for a huge chart that shows me every single muscle in the body all at once. But I need more than that. I need every single muscle's origin, action, insertion and innervations. So I rushed home to order a copy of this book. Knowing that it'll be a great help with my studies!

Rating: 3
Atlas of Skeletal muscles is a basic book on anatomy which clearly illustrates each of the skeletal muscles in line drawing form. Bones to which the muscles attach are highlighted so you can clearly see point of origin and insertion. Small text section beneath or beside each illustration demonstrates Origin, Insertion, Action and connecting nerve.
It's spiral binding allows the book to lay flat when needed for ease of study. A basic, beginner book for students of anatomy, and one which I would reccomend. It was a textbook of mine in Massage Therapy school.

Rating: 5
I have used this book constantly since I bought it for my human anatomy dissection lab a few years ago. The clarity it provides by giving each muscle its own illustration is unparalleled. The summary pages are excellent as well. I recommend this to my fellow yoga teachers and students, and use it frequently in the classes I teach.

Rating: 1
200 pages of One muscle drawing per page in black and white only, with text: muscle origin, insertion, action & nerve relationships. Looks like a home made book.

No comments:

Blog Archive